Proto-pasta HTP21730-CF High Temperature Carbon Fiber Spool , PLA 1.75 mm, 3 kg , Black
On Sale Now! Free Shipping Included! Save 3% on the Proto-pasta HTP21730-CF High Temperature Carbon Fiber Spool , PLA 1.75 mm, 3 kg , Black by Proto-Pasta at Hosted Payload. MPN: HTP21730-CF. Hurry! Limited time offer. Offer valid only while supplies last. P>proto-pasta's high Temp carbon fiber PLA (htpla-cf) combines engineering-grade performance with the ease and eco-friendliness of PLA printing.
htpla-cf is now available in a mammoth 3kg spool for large format printing! 1.75mm diameter 3kg spools contain more than 1 KM of filament! How cool is that!!
htpla-cf, like aromatic coffee, is based on our high Temp PLA V2.0, so it prints with ease and also has a potential heat deflection temperature (hdt) in excess of 140C (285F) depending on processing. We had good results annealing (also called heat treating or crystallizing) in an Oven at 110C (225F) for an hour. We recommend leaving the supports on your parts, placing them on a non-radiating surface (like glass, ceramic, or composite), and letting them cool in the Oven to minimize distortion. Parts must be baked above 60C for any crystallization to occur.
carbon fiber is somewhat abrasive, so consider upgrading to a wear resistant nozzle for less regular maintenance.
In our experience, good results were achieved using standard PLA parameters and standard build surface preparation (Blue tape or glue stick). no heated bed required.
contact Proto-pasta for more information.
Features & Highlights
- Includes the benefits of carbon fiber with substantially increased temperature resistance when annealed. Comes on fully corrugated recyclable spool with standard dimension
- Matte Black finish on prints that hides layer lines for more attractive Printed parts
- Processing is comparable to standard PLA. No heated bed required. Process may be less consistent on smaller nozzles (<.4mm) and/or bowden Type machines
- We recommend printing this material at 190c-230c using a 4 mm or larger nozzle. Please Note that this filament is more brittle than normal PLA and requires more careful handling to prevent breaking
- Designed and manufactured in the USA with quality and customer service as a top priorities. Usa sourced packaging and labor
|Item Weight:||6.61 pounds|
|Package Weight:||9.65 pounds|
|Package Size:||12.2 x 4.6 x 4.6 inches|