GCA-07W Professional Geiger Counter Nuclear Radiation Detection Monitor with Digital Meter and External Wand Probe - NRC Certification Ready- 0.001 mR/hr Resolution -- 1000 mR/hr Range
GCA-07W Professional Geiger Counter Nuclear Radiation Detection Monitor with Digital Meter and External Wand Probe - NRC Certification Ready- 0.001 mR/hr Resolution -- 1000 mR/hr Range by Images SI Inc. at Hosted Payload. MPN: GCA-07W. Hurry! Limited time offer. Offer valid only while supplies last. The GCA-07W Digital Geiger Counters are NRC certification ready instruments. Useful for detecting and accurately measuring radioactivity. The GCA-07W
The GCA-07W Geiger counter has an external wand that contains a LND 712 GM tube. The external wand makes it easier to search materials and surfaces for radioactivity.
This Geiger counter's applications are: Education - Classroom demonstrations and nuclear experiments; Emergency Services and Domestic Preparedness for nuclear accidents. Compliance Verification and Radiation Screening for wastes and other materials.
The GCA-07W nuclear radiation detection monitor detects the following types of radiation: Alpha radiation above 3 MeV, Beta above 50 KeV, X-Rays and Gamma above 7 KeV. The LND 712 Geiger Mueller (GM) Tube detector is Ne + Halogen filled; has a .38 effective diameter and a 1.5-2.0 mg/cm2 mica end window.
The Liquid Crystal Display is a 16 character by 2 line that provides an easy to read digital output. Switch selection allows GCA-07W Geiger Counter to measure and convert radiation (counts per second) into in mR/hr or mSv/hr. Time selection switch allows Counts Per Second (CPS) or Counts Per Minute (CPM) mode. Factory calibrated using an NIST traceable source to insure measurements. NRC certifications are available at additional costs through the manufacturer.
Data Output Jack: Outputs either Serial Data (default) or TTL logic pulse for each radioactive particle detected. Jumper switch selection. The serial output is the counts per second sent via USB cable (not included) to our Windows PC Geiger Counter Graphing program (not included) for charting and recording the measured radiation over time.
Secondary indicators; audio (clicks) and visual (LED) included. Also includes a headphone jack and a power jack for external power. A 110 VAC to 9V wall transformer power supply is included. 9V battery (mobile operation) not included.
Features & Highlights
- NRC CERTIFICATION READY - NRC certification can only be given by U.S. Government licensed laboratory. The NRC certificate certifies that the radiation reading from the Geiger counter is accurate.
- DETECTOR SENSITIVITY: Detects Alpha particles above 3 MeV in energy. GM tube has a thin mica window that allows alpha radiation to be detected. Beta radiation above 50 KeV; X-Ray and Gamma radiation above 7 KeV
- COUNTING RESOLUTION AND RANGE: 1 Count Per Minute (CPM) - 10000 Counts Per Second (CPS)
- RADIATION RESOLUTION AND RANGE: 0.001 mR/hr resolution / 1000 mR/hr Range (Imperial measurements); 0.01 uSv/hr resolution - 10 mSv/hr range (Metric)
- NIST TRACEABLE CALIBRATION - Factory calibration using an NIST traceable radiation source to insure accurate radiation measurements.
|Manufacturer:||Images SI Inc.|
|Brand:||Images SI Inc.|
|Publisher:||Images SI Inc.|
|Studio:||Images SI Inc.|
|Item Size:||4.1 x 1.2 x 1.2 inches|
|Package Weight:||1.2 pounds|
|Package Size:||6.9 x 3.1 x 3.1 inches|