Product Description & Reviews
The Dormer G137 series high-speed steel single-end countersink with an uncoated (bright) finish creates a 60-degree conical opening that can be used for holding material between machine centers. The three flutes clear chips away to prevent clogging. High-speed steel (HSS) provides hardness for wear resistance. The uncoated finish has no additional surface treatment or coating for cutting soft ferrous and nonferrous materials. The tool has a single cutting end and a taper shank that accommodates a Morse Taper (MT) spindle, sleeve, or socket.Countersinks are fluted cutting tools that cut a conical or gradually widened opening for a hole into the surface of a workpiece, which provides a seat for a screw or rivet head. They are also used to create center holes for a machine center, deburr surfaces, and enlarging existing holes. The countersink's body diameter should be the same size or larger than what is being countersunk.Dormer Pramet manufactures cutting tools under the following brands: Precision Twist Drill, Dormer, Union Butterfield and Pramet. The company has locations around the world, and provides tools adhering to ANSI, NAS, and DIN standards.
Features & Highlights
- Creates a 60-degree countersink, which can be used for holding material between machine centers
- Three flutes provide better chip clearance than four flutes to prevent clogging
- High-speed steel (HSS) provides hardness for wear resistance
- Uncoated (bright) finish has no additional surface treatment or coating for cutting soft ferrous and nonferrous materials
- Single-ended tool has a taper shank that accommodates a Morse taper spindle, sleeve, or socket
|Package Weight:||0.4 pounds|
|Package Size:||1.5 x 1.5 x 1.5 inches|
Have questions about this item, or would like to inquire about a custom or bulk order?
If you have any questions about this product, contact us by completing and submitting the form below. If you are looking for a specif part number, please include it with your message.