Alvord Polk 663-2 High-Speed Steel Repairman's Deburring Reamer, Left Hand Spiral Flute, Round Shank, Uncoated Finish, 1/4 Inch Point Diameter, 1-15/32 Inch Large End Diameter
Free Shipping Included! Alvord Polk 663-2 High-Speed Steel Repairman's Deburring Reamer, Left Hand Spiral Flute, Round Shank, Uncoated Finish, 1/4 Inch Point Diameter, 1-15/32 Inch Large End Diameter by Alvord Polk at Hosted Payload. MPN: 04027. Hurry! Limited time offer. Offer valid only while supplies last. The Alvord Polk 663-2 left-hand spiral flute repairmen’s reamer is a round shank tool made of high-speed steel with no finish or coating, and is
The Alvord Polk 663-2 left-hand spiral flute repairmen’s reamer is a round shank tool made of high-speed steel with no finish or coating, and is most commonly chosen for deburring a drilled hole. Repairmen’s reamers can also be used to countersink a hole.
Left-hand spiral reamers are useful for interrupted cuts and in through holes. Spiral reamers prevent whole flute contact with the leading edge in an interrupted cut, as in a keyway. This prevents damage to the interruption and reamer flute. Left-hand spiral style tools also push chips ahead of the tip of the tool, instead of pulling chips out of a hole. Left-hand spiral reamers are also useful for reaming through holes, since pushing chips into the hole can cause clogging, which may damage the tool. High-speed steel is a general purpose steel for cutting tools and is compatible with many metalworking materials. It is often lower in price than other cutting tool materials.
For reamers in the 662-2 series with 3/16 to 1/4 inches point diameter and 2-7/8 to 1-15/32 inches large end diameter there are 10 flutes, and for those with 1/4 inches point diameter and 2-17/64 inches large end diameter there are 12 flutes.
Reamers are used to finish existing holes. When holes are created using common applications like drilling or punching they often have minute imperfections. Their roundness may be flawed, or their diameter may be slightly smaller than required. Reamers are made to exacting tolerances, so they can correct such errors and create precisely round holes of exacting dimensions. Reaming is often used before tapping screw threads.
Alvord Polk manufactures a broad family of cutting tools, brushes, and tooling components, following ISO 9001 standards for quality and environmental impact of their products. Their offices and manufacturing facilities have been located in the United States since 1881.
Features & Highlights
- Left-hand spiral reamers are good for use in through holes (holes that extend all the way through a workpiece), as they push chips ahead of the tool and into the hole
- Spiral flute reamers are recommended for reaming holes with interruptions, as they prevent damage to the workpiece edge and tool
- Round shank tools are cylindrical and should be held in a good-quality toolholder in order to prevent the reamer from slipping in high torque applications, which can cause tool freeze, loss of accuracy, and tool damage
- Uncoated (bright) tools have no finish or coating. They are a good choice for general purpose applications
- High-speed steel is a common general purpose steel for cutting tools, is compatible with a variety of materials, and tends to be lower in price than cobalt steel or carbide
|Package Weight:||0.65 pounds|
|Package Size:||2 x 1.9 x 1.9 inches|