Alvord Polk 650-H High-Speed Steel Construction Reamer, Left Hand Spiral Flute, Round Shank, Uncoated Finish, Size: 1-3/8 Inch
Free Shipping Included! Alvord Polk 650-H High-Speed Steel Construction Reamer, Left Hand Spiral Flute, Round Shank, Uncoated Finish, Size: 1-3/8 Inch by Alvord Polk at Hosted Payload. MPN: 00766. Hurry! Limited time offer. Offer valid only while supplies last. The Alvord Polk 650-H left-hand spiral flute construction reamer is a round shank tool made of high-speed steel with no finish or coating, and is
The Alvord Polk 650-H left-hand spiral flute construction reamer is a round shank tool made of high-speed steel with no finish or coating, and is most commonly chosen for reaming interrupted cuts in structural steel. Construction reamers are tapered to allow the reamer to enter overlapping and misaligned holes where extremely precise tolerances are not necessary, and have a stop collar for safety and depth control.
Left-hand spiral reamers are useful for interrupted cuts and in through holes. Spiral reamers prevent whole flute contact with the leading edge in an interrupted cut, as in a keyway. This prevents damage to the interruption and reamer flute. Left-hand spiral style tools also push chips ahead of the tip of the tool, instead of pulling chips out of a hole. Left-hand spiral reamers are also useful when reaming through holes, since pushing chips into the hole can cause clogging, which may damage the tool. High-speed steel is a general purpose steel for cutting tools and is compatible with many metalworking materials. It is often lower in price than other cutting tool materials.
There are five flutes for all reamers in this series. Tolerances are +0.005 -0.000 inches for all reamers in the 650-H series.
Reamers are used to finish existing holes. When holes are created using common applications like drilling or punching they often have minute imperfections. Their roundness may be flawed, or their diameter may be slightly smaller than required. Reamers are made to exacting tolerances, so they can correct such errors and create precisely round holes of exacting dimensions. Reaming is often used before tapping screw threads.
Alvord Polk manufactures a broad family of cutting tools, brushes, and tooling components, following ISO 9001 standards for quality and environmental impact of their products. Their offices and manufacturing facilities have been located in the United States since 1881.
Features & Highlights
- Left-hand spiral reamers are good for use in through holes (holes that extend all the way through a workpiece), as they push chips ahead of the tool and into the hole
- Spiral reamers are recommended for reaming holes with interruptions, as they prevent damage to the workpiece edge and tool
- Round shank tools are cylindrical and should be held in a good-quality toolholder in order to prevent the reamer from slipping in high torque applications, which can cause tool freeze, loss of accuracy, and tool damage
- Uncoated (bright) tools have no finish or coating. They are a good choice for general purpose applications
- High-speed steel is a common general purpose steel for cutting tools, is compatible with a variety of materials, and tends to be lower in price than cobalt steel or carbide
|Item Weight:||1.41 pounds|
|Package Weight:||1.4 pounds|
|Package Size:||2.1 x 2 x 2 inches|