3M's top performing cubitron II fibre disc 987C raises the bar for durability. Designed for stainless steel and other heat-sensitive applications, the proprietary 3M precision shaped grain technology improves disc life (up to 2 times or more), cuts faster and can increase productivity compared to other leading ceramic discs. Takes time out of edge chamfering, beveling and removing stainless steel welds, mill scale, pits and imperfections, machining grooves and more to deliver a lower cost per grind. Precision-shaped abrasive grain. 2X life, fastest cut. Cool running. Use wet or dry. Complete stainless steel solution. Backing material: fibre. Center hole diameter: 0.87". Coat type: closed coat. Orange color. Diameter: 5". Grade: 60+. Maximum RPM: 12000. Maximum speed: 80 meter per second. Mineral type: precision shaped ceramic grain.
Features & Highlights
- 3M Ceramic Precision-Shaped Grain (PSG) maintains super-sharp points that cut exceptionally fast with less pressure
- Disc life is significantly longer, completing more parts per disc and requiring fewer disc changes
- Stiff fiber backing and a strong resin bond provide durability and tear-resistance for heavyweight applications such as high-pressure weld grinding, and can be used wet or dry
- Grinding aid incorporated on the disc minimizes grinding temperatures for heat-sensitive alloys
- 7/8 inch center hole mount is compatible with 3M disc pad face plates and hubs, and requires the use of a disc retainer nut (all sold separately)
- 3M Precision Shaped Grain (PSG) maintains super-sharp points that cut exceptionally fast with less pressure
- PSG runs cooler and disc life is significantly longer, completing more parts per disc and requiring fewer disc changes
- Stiff fiber backing and a strong resin bond provide durability and tear-resistance for heavyweight applications such as high-pressure weld grinding or beveling
|Package Weight:||5.75 pounds|
|Package Size:||6.8 x 6.7 x 6.7 inches|
Have questions about this item, or would like to inquire about a custom or bulk order?
If you have any questions about this product by 3M, contact us by completing and submitting the form below. If you are looking for a specif part number, please include it with your message.
By Walter Surface Technologies
mpn: 15I453, ean: 0662980944721,
Walter Surface Technologies Enduro-Flex 2 in 1 the latest generation of flap disc that is guaranteed to revolutionize metal finishing combines sanding and non-woven flaps for an excellent finish. Enduro-Flex 2 in 1 flap disc will remove TIG welds and...
Wheel is designed to provide high cut rates and long life on most all materials including fiberglass, stainless steel, mild steel and aerospace alloys. Ideal for use on a wide variety of utility type cut-off tools. Do not use on tools without guards....
mpn: SB-250, ean: 0735090858063,
Shapes and Sharpens HSS and Exotic Alloyed Steels. Can Touch Up Tungsten Carbide. Does Not Offer Faster Steel Removal on Ordinary Carbon Steel. Works Efficiently on Low RPM. Offers Exceptional Wear Resistance. ...